Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Perfectly Lettered: Lessons in Calligraphy Part 1

I recently made a very special trip to the post office. Seriously, I have never been so happy to enter the doors of a post office! Now that the invitations are out, I can share my journey through the "paper trail" with you.

Before we had even started to think about invitations, I began researching calligraphers. I knew I wanted our envelopes to have the extra touch of luxe, thick, swirly handwriting.


Whimsical calligraphy by Betsy Dunlap


Pretty white-on-navy by Maybelle Calligraphy


Classic and beautiful calligraphy by Laura Hooper who designed our save-the-date map.

Next up: the Bliss' invitation envelopes and why you should order your envelopes early.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooo... I can't wait to see which one arrives in my mailbox!
xoxo~ Ms. MOH