Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lessons in Calligraphy: Part II

I first heard about Michele Clark calligraphy over on WeddingBee. The bees were raving about her gorgeous calligraphy that was extremely affordable. Every glowing review mentioned how prompt and responsive she was.

I immediately emailed her (she doesn't have a website) and she had one week available in our timeframe to do our invitations (I told you calligraphers book up early!).

Now here comes another lesson for brides - if you are doing calligraphy and still deciding on or designing your invitations, I suggest ordering your envelopes first. If you know the color and size of the invitations you are looking for, place the order for the outer envelopes. That way you will have plenty of time to get them to your calligrapher without stressing and frantically tracking UPS packages. I was so happy that I did this. It gave me more time to work on my invitation design and I was able to ship the envelopes and calligraphy list to Michele ahead of schedule (something that has rarely happened during all of this planning).

And here are the lovely results in Michele's fine-flourished script:





2 comments:

jessica lynn said...

that is so pretty! i was going to attempt to do my own calligraphy, but then as the time got closer i just didn't have the time!! :)

Jenn said...

Those are beautifully done! And what a smart idea to send out the enveloped first!